5 Ways to Position Yourself as an Expert and Thought Leader
Do you want to build your small business profile and be a thought leader?
A great way to raise your personal and small business profile is to position yourself as an expert or thought leader in your field.
The idea of thought leadership may sound unattainable or over the top for small business but it doesn’t have to be.
Here are 5 ways you can position yourself as a thought leader and raise your small business profile.
- Award submissions – enter industry or other awards that highlight a project, achievement or approach you use in your business.
- Policy submissions – write an article or paper or formally make a submission on key policies that affect your industry.
- Speaking opportunities – put yourself forward as an industry spokesperson to media, and seek speaking or panel member opportunities at key events.
- Industry groups – look for opportunities to join industry groups, associations, working groups or roundtables.
- Think Tanks – are there relevant think tanks or similar groups that you could participate in?
For more detail on each of the above ideas, watch the below video, which is an extract from the HOWTO Market My Small Business Course. See below for more information.
Watch our FREE thought leadership video now – no email address required.
HOWTOMARKETINGTM is an In Just 5 sister brand, wholly owned by the same company, and specialises in self-paced, online marketing courses for small business owners.
This video is a taster of just some of the fantastic tools, handouts, templates, samples and instructional videos you can access by signing up for our self-paced online courses. Find out more about our course here.
You may also be interested in:
Create and action your own small business marketing plan in less than 45 days.
Create Your Own Small Business Marketing Plan Easy to Use Template, Samples and Tutorial Videos When you purchase the template…